Breakbulk Asia, which was originally scheduled to take place from March 18-19 in Shanghai, has been postponed as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
In a statement on the event website, the organiser said: “This decision has been reached after considering the challenges and uncertainty caused by the restrictions on travel to, from and within China.
“We continue to monitor the developing situation and remain in close communication with the relevant local government bodies and other key stakeholders on the rescheduling of the event. We will announce the new show dates in 2020 imminently.”
Meanwhile, Breakbulk Europe will return to Bremen, Germany, for the fourth consecutive year in 2021, from May 18 - 20.
Nick Davison, portfolio director for Breakbulk and CWEIME events at Hyve Group (formerly ITE Group), said: “The city of Bremen has proved to be a good fit for the Breakbulk attendees with its unique blend of historical charm, modern amenities, maritime environment and visitor affordability.
“As we move further into this decade, we will consider alternate locations for 2022 and beyond to deliver new markets and fresh thinking, but for now, Bremen is the right choice and we would not hesitate to return in the future,” he added.
According to the organiser, since moving from Antwerp to Bremen in 2018, the exhibition has grown significantly, with more than 120 countries represented at the show. Hyve Group added that early indicators point to further success for Breakbulk Europe 2020, with online registration already up 13 percent compared to this time last year.