November 26 - The 2nd Annual Breakbulk Asia Conference & Exhibition, a large and important gathering for companies involved in the shipping of heavy lift, project cargo and traditional breakbulk will convene under the banner 'Charting the Recovery'.
The event's organisers promise that an in-depth conference programme will delve into today's most pressing breakbulk transportation issues: from cargo security to trade compliance and materials tracking initiatives. Speakers will also discuss the hottest regions for breakbulk and project cargo, and review sectors such as oil and gas, and other power generation markets.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Breakbulk transportation outlook for Asia: when will the project cargo market return?
- Regional Market: Australia, land of huge mining projects and oil-and-gas exploration
- Non-traditional modes of Breakbulk Transportation: passing fads or new fixtures?
- Breakbulk executives' market outlook: where is opportunity now?
- Sourcing Breakbulk cargo: new trade lanes emerge as sourcing shifts
- Economic Forecast: when will the global economy return to normal, or is this the new normal?
- Trade compliance challenges in Asia
The event provides shippers with an opportunity to meet and develop relationships with the leading specialised carriers, forwarders, ports, terminals and packers who have the expertise and resources to handle oversized cargoes with unique handling requirements.
Exhibitors include the world's major carriers, forwarders and ports that handle specialised heavy lift, project and breakbulk cargoes.
The Breakbulk Asia event is an outgrowth of the Breakbulk Conference and Exhibition held in New Orleans, USA since 1989 and the Breakbulk Europe event held in Antwerp since 2006.
This event will take place between January 26-27, 2010 and will be held at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.For more information and details visit: