In a move that will end current speculation, it has been revealed that Breakbulk Europe, the largest exhibition for the project cargo and breakbulk industry, will return to Bremen, Germany in 2019, and not return to Antwerp, which had been the
bremenports - Bremen and Bremerhaven - will return as the host port for Breakbulk Europe and its managing director, Robert Howe, said: "Hosting Breakbulk Europe is a key part of our strategy to share the benefits of choosing bremenports for a range of cargoes from traditional cargoes like steel to offshore wind components.
"We are rolling out the red carpet for this year's attendees and are committed to continuing the success for all industry participants in 2019."
The organiser behind this year's event says that all indications point to a record-breaking success for this year's Breakbulk Europe, which will take place between May 29-31. Registration is on track to pass 10,000 participants and the exhibition halls are nearly sold out.
"With over 50 additional exhibitors, we are utilising every square metre at Messe Bremen. We are particularly glad to see the number of German exhibitors has increased by 44 percent," Nick Davison, portfolio director at ITE Group said.
Based on these impressive figures, ITE has renewed and expanded its contract with Messe Bremen. In 2019, Breakbulk Europe will have the option to take a further hall, which is expected to be required based on current demand.