March 9 - A range of projects across most continents has demonstrated the breadth of heavy lift operations undertaken worldwide by Sarens Group, the Wolvertem, Belgium-based heavy lifting and engineered transport provider.
The company says that on its business development, Sarens has commenced a joint-venture in Nigeria together with partner Buildwell. The JV will offer heavy lift and special transport on the Nigerian market. Sarens also completed its JV with Wilbert in Germany and jointly provides and operates super heavy tower cranes.
Developments in HSE have resulted in the achievement of the OHSAS-certificate both for Sarens Nederland and Sarens South Africa.
The company's new equipment, the Sarens Giant Crane (SGC-120), has been in action in the US.
According to the company, the range of highlighted projects include:
- The successful completion of its first project by Sarens' SGC-120 crane as it played a critical role in the construction of a high tech manufacturing facility in Arizona, US;
- In Australia, Sarens successfully completed the heavy lifting works for the major maintenance turnaround ofExxonMobil Altona refinery;
- Sarens' subsidiary Canada Crane Services transported six vessels (shale gas contactor regen towers) measuring 22 m long and weighing 93 tonnes;
- Sarens was awarded the heavy lift contract for the Hydrocracker project in the NIS refinery of Pancevo, Serbia;
- Turbine generators of the new Bachaquero power plant have beeninstalled on their foundations with its in-house developed system Sarlift 2500. The components had weights up to 250 tonnes.
Further information can be seen on the company's website.