The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) has revealed the speakers for its 2020 Annual Conference, which will be held from April 14-18 at the Amelia Island Plantation in Florida, USA.
The 2020 conference schedule includes seminars on a range of themes. They include:
- Insurance and risk-management panel session. Presented by SC&RA’s new property and casualty insurance programme’s endorsed market partners, this session features two talk tracks, both moderated by Scott Bragg, of Bragg Companies. Bill Smith of NBIS and Peter Juhren from Morrow Equipment will present Current Priorities in the Tower Crane Sector. Dan Keenan and Shawn Los of National Interstate Insurance will present the Pros and cons of risk financing techniques session
- Five steps to make the impossible, possible. Ben Nemtin will deliver the opening session, which expounds on the notion that articulating and prioritising one’s personal goals is not a selfish act, but one that creates a positive ripple effect that inspires others to live their best life
- How to stand up to any challenge. Scott Burrows, using his physical paralysis as a visual metaphor, will demonstrate how to drive results using the same mental focus that helped him reinvent his life after a catastrophic accident left him paralysed from the chest down
- Team building: Build a bike. Trainer and facilitator Duane Grischow will deliver his presentation on team building while giving back to the community
- Transforming fear into flow. Valerie Vigoda’s presentation is based partly on the heroic journey of Antarctic explorer Ernest Shackleton (the subject of her own hit off-Broadway musical), and ultimately represents a story about facing fears.
As ever, SC&RA’s annual conference will also allow leaders from across the crane, rigging and specialised transport industry to network and participate in numerous recreational activities.
SC&RA also offers a first-timer’s reception, an international members reception and the Job of the Year awards. Entry deadline for the Safety and Job of the Year competitions is February 28. For more information and to view categories and eligibility, visit www.scranet.org/awards.
Registration, hotel details and a full program of events can be found on the conference website.