January 25 - We're just a few hours away from the start of the second Breakbulk Asia Transportation Conference and Exhibition which will be held at the Suntec Singapore international Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Breakbulk Asia is the largest and most important gathering in Asia for companies involved in the shipping of heavy lift, project cargo and traditional breakbulk shipments. It is where shippers have the opportunity to meet and develop relationships with the leading specialised carriers, forwarders, ports, terminals and packers who have the expertise and resources to handle oversized cargoes with unique handling requirements.
Under the heading, 'Charting the Recovery', the event will host a programme focusing on issues ranging from handling special cargoes and port congestion. There will also be an exhibition area where attendees will get an important networking opportunity.
The event's organisers promise that an in-depth conference programme will delve into today's most pressing breakbulk transportation issues: from cargo security to trade compliance and materials tracking initiatives. Speakers will also discuss the hottest regions for breakbulk and project cargo, and review sectors such as oil and gas, and other power generation markets.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Breakbulk transportation outlook for Asia: when will the project cargo market return?
- Regional Market: Australia, land of huge mining projects and oil-and-gas exploration
- Non-traditional modes of Breakbulk Transportation: passing fads or new fixtures?
- Breakbulk executives' market outlook: where is opportunity now?
- Sourcing Breakbulk cargo: new trade lanes emerge as sourcing shifts
- Economic Forecast: when will the global economy return to normal, or is this the new normal?
- Trade compliance challenges in Asia
Exhibitors include the world's major carriers, forwarders and ports that handle specialised heavy lift, project and breakbulk cargoes.
For more information and details visit: