G2 Ocean and 24 industry partners are establishing an alliance to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the maritime industry – the All Aboard Alliance.
The All Aboard Alliance is based on five principles, which G2 Ocean will implement into its internal policies, procedures, and leadership practices:
- Appoint a business sponsor to lead and ensure accountability of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organisation
- Equip and educate employees to understand their role in fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace – from senior leaders through to line managers and team members
- Create and maintain an organisational culture of equity and belonging where everyone has equal opportunities to contribute and thrive
- Capture relevant data and develop insights to evaluate progress and evolve strategic objectives
- Communicate commitment and progress externally on an annual basis.
The other founding members include: Anglo-Eastern, Ardmore Shipping Corporation, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement, Bureau Veritas, Caravel Group, Cargill Ocean Transportation, Danaos Corporation, Dorian LPG, Fednav Limited, Fleet Management, GasLog, Gorrissen Federspiel, Hafnia, Höegh Autoliners, Höegh LNG, International Seaways, Lloyd’s Register, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ocean Technologies Group, Purus Marine, South32, Svitzer, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, Turtle Go, and Vikand Solutions.
“By joining the All Aboard Alliance, we are committed to pave the way for a diverse, equitable and inclusive maritime industry. This is not only important in order to drive innovation, but it is also crucial so that we can hire and retain a talented workforce and meet stakeholder expectations,” said Martha Roed, managing director of organisational development.