December 4 - Fesco Transportation Group has delivered the first batch of equipment to the Haval car plant under construction in the Tula region of Russia.
The delivery was made on behalf of Haval Motor Manufacturing Rus, a subsidiary of Chinese car manufacturer Great Wall Motors.
The first shipment comprised 78 40 ft containers, and utilised Fesco's Mongolian Shuttle service, which transported the cargo from Tianjin, China to Novomoskovsk, Russia, via Mongolia.
For the inland transportation, Fesco used its own containers and platforms, as well as platforms provided by its partner, Eurosib Group.
According to Fesco, approximately 30 percent of the containers destined for the Haval car plant will be transported through the inland corridor via Mongolia, with a transit time of 11 days. The remaining 70 percent of containers will be transported via the Port of Vladivostok, while the oversized equipment will be delivered via the Port of St. Petersburg.
As HLPFI reported here, under the contract, Fesco will transport equipment from China, South Korea and Germany to the construction site in the Uzlovaya industrial park.
In addition to the 1,150 containers, Fesco will transport oversized heavy equipment, including painting lines and pressing equipment lines for the production of car body parts.